Friday, December 31, 2010

The New Year

So I found two postcards from 1912 on the internet when I Wikipedia resolution or New Years resolution I thought they were interesting.



As I follow the Lord each new year I just can't imagine how my life would have been with out Him. Having resolutions or plans make me laugh, yes laugh following the Lord has been so unpredictable,scary,hair pulling, filled with mercy,love,grace, and honesty. I wouldn't change any of it maybe the reactions I had but nothing else.

Here is a passage from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young for January 1st:
Come to ME with a teachable spirit eager to be changed. A close walk with ME is a life of continual newness. Do not cling to old ways as you step into a new year. Instead, seek MY Face with an open mind, knowing that your journey with Me involves being transformed by the renewing of your mind. As you focus your thoughts on ME, be aware that I am fully attentive to you. I see you with a steady eye, because My attention span is infinite. I know and understand you completely; My thoughts embrace you in everlasting Love. I also know the plans I have for you plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Give yourself fully to this adventure of increasing attentiveness to My Presence.

This is what I pray for in my life today and as long as I am on this Earth. So I guess this would be my "New Years Resolution." But I know in my own strength I can not do this only in HIM will I be able.


Pics of the kids and their New Years hats, Lincoln Library had make a hat day!

My favorite song right now love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment